Office of the Jute Commissioner, Kolkata is the nodal agency for all jute related matters, under Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India. The various statutes regarding to Jute Industry issued by Govt. of India are as follows.
1. Jute Packaging Materials (Compulsory Used & Packing Commodities) Act, 1987
2. JMDC ACT 1983
3. Jute Manufacturers Cess Act 1983
1. Jute and Jute Textile Control ORDER OF 19th April 2000.
2. Powers under Jute Packaging Act; ORDER OF 26th August 1987
1. Jute Packaging Materials Rules OF 26th August 1987
1. JMDC Procedural RULES 1984
* JMDC: Jute Manufacturers Development Council
The Setup | Raw Jute | Industry | Diversification | Home